My first track meet!
This afternoon I had my first track meet! We left at 11:30, and arrived there about an hour later. We ate lunch during the car ride, and listened to a new audio book. When we arrived, I went to play with my friends and wait for my first race.
My first race was the 200m. To start each race, somebody fired a really loud cap gun, and I mean a really loud one. I was only racing against one other athlete, and I got first place, which I was really proud of! A while later, I ran a relay, the 4×100. My team got third place.
After this, I had a while to wait until the next race, so I stayed off the track to cheer on the other runners. Mom gave me some candies and a chocolate bar to eat. While I was waiting, I played with my friends behind the bleachers.
My next race was the 100m, my favourite one! I lined up on the track, the starting gun fired, and I was off! I can't remember exactly which place I got, but the race was really fun! My final race (and the last race of the meet) was another relay, the 4×400. Our team came in last place, which is kind of disappointing. After this, we packed up all our stuff and left. We had a sandwich and chips in the car as our dinner, and by the time we got back, it was nearly 6:30. We had been out of the house for nearly 7 hours!
Comments
Post a Comment