It's a goal!

Today I started soccer practice! We left at about 2:45 pm, and when we arrived I just sat around for a bit. I had come in my sandals, and would change into my cleats when it as time for me to start. Oliver started his practice. The coach told him to dribble the ball to the other side of the field and back. When Ollie was half-way to the other side, he just burst into tears. Elle had gone with him to help him if he needed it, and she brought him back. I have a feeling Ollie won't do soccer practice again for a long while.

Some of my friends came, so I put on my cleats early to go and play with them. It was a challenge. First I put on the shin guards, which were pretty easy. But then came the socks. They were long, because they had to cover up the shin guards. They were extremely hard to get on! Then came the easiest part, the cleats.

I talked with my friends a bit and played tag with them, and then my practice started. I helped the coach with the equipment. There were only three kids there (including me)! We started by doing some stretches, and then we did two laps around the field. (It was quite tiring!) After that, we kicked the ball around a bit, and then practiced shooting goals. We took turns as the goalie, and the others took turns trying to get the ball in. I got a couple goals, and then it was my turn to be goalie.

We had to wear tough gloves to stop our fingers from bending back when we blocked the ball with our hands. I blocked one or two goals, but on the first one, my right index finger took quite a hit from the ball. (It hurt!) I took a little break, then I went back in.

Soccer practice was 1 and a half hours long. When it ended, I grabbed my water and helped the coach with the equipment. I told Mom how much I enjoyed it, and Mom said she was glad I liked it. She said that she had thought that I would quit. But the Fabulous Finn rarely quits!

We went to pick up Dad from work, and then we went to get pizza for dinner! I ate two slices (they were huge!), and then had a shower. I'll get a good sleep tonight, that's for sure!

Comments

Popular Posts