Skinning a Deer

We've just gotten back from piano lessons. When we arrived, our teacher took me and Elle out back to show us something. It was a deer! One of her sons had shot it and hung it up, ready to be skinned. A little while later, he came out of the woods, dragging another dead deer behind him. He got a hose and started gutting it. He showed me its heart. It was pretty big!

Then his dad came out and started skinning the other one. It was fun to watch. While he was skinning it, their cat came and started sampling the other deer. He had to be shooed away. It was pretty funny!

When he finished skinning the deer, he sawed off one of the legs so I could take it to Sheila, one of their dogs. Sheila already liked me (a lot!), but by giving her that leg, I made a friend for life!

Then it was time for my piano lessons. When I was finished, I got to choose a candy! I chose a packet of Milk Duds (I really love them!), then it was time for us to go.

Comments

Popular Posts