Happy Halloween!

Today is Halloween! When we woke up, Elle was saying "Happy Halloween!" a lot. We had pancakes for breakfast (yum!), and then I did some work in my journal (I only just started it yesterday). Then we went shopping. I really wanted to get to the toys section so I could see if there was anything else I wanted to add to my Christmas/birthday list. I found a lot of stuff!

When we got home, we started work on the jack-o'-lantern! First we had to gut it. Dad cut a hole in the top of the pumpkin, then pulled its guts out (barf!🤮 ). After he had done the first (and most disgusting!) part, he carved the face. Now the jack-o'-lantern is finished! We took it downstairs to see how it looked. We went in a room and turned off the light (the jack-o'-lantern had a candle in it). The jack-o'-lantern looked really spooky! All you could see was the mouth, eyes, and nose. It was like they were floating in mid-air!

But the best part of Halloween will definitely be trick-or-treating! It will be the first time ever that we go trick-or-treating! I can't wait!

Comments

Popular Posts