First piano lessons!

Today me, Elle, and Thea had our first piano lesson! We'll be doing a lesson every week on Friday. Someone else was giving us a lesson, so we went over to their house. They had three pianos! They also had a dog named Teeny (his full name is Constantine).

Thea had her lesson first, so we just played around a bit. Upstairs, there was a table with a huge bin of Lego, so it's no surprise that I immediately started playing with it! I tried to make a bomber, but didn't finish it. There were a lot of games up there as well. One of them had a square platform that hovered above the base using magnetism. The aim was to see how high you could stack the included blocks on it before the platform collapsed.

Another game had lasers in it! It was some sort of Laser Maze game, but with Egyptian pieces. There were two lasers, a board, and a lot of mirrors. I think there were supposed to be challenge cards for it, but we couldn't find them anywhere. You have to set up a laser in the corner of the board and then move the beam around the board using the mirrors all the way to the finish. It was really fun!

After Thea and Elle's lesson, it was my turn. I learned the proper way to sit when playing the piano and the numbering of fingers. The thumb is number 1, the finger beside it is number 2, and so on all the way to the pinky, which is number 5. There were some flash cards which had the number of the fingers arranged on them. I had to put down my fingers and lift them up again, one by one, in the order shown on the flash cards. I also learned how to find the Middle C key on a piano.

After my lesson, we went home. In the car, we listened to an audio book and had two cinnamon-covered Graham crackers each. They were delicious! I can't wait until next Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts