My confirmation

Today me and Elle had our confirmation! We went to Bishop Elliot's church to get confirmed. Anna, one of Dad's friends, was supposed to be our sponsor. But she couldn't make it, so another friend of Dad's, Collin, stood in for her. I chose Patrick as my confirmation saint, and Elle chose Clare (Chiara).

The Bishop anointed my head with olive oil and balsam blessed by the Bishop, and said, "Patrick, be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit." I answered, "Amen." Then he gave me a light slap on the cheek and said , "The Lord be with you." I answered, "And with your spirit." Then he did the same with Elle (calling her Chiara).

Then we came home. Mom and Dad had bought us presents. We got a Youcat (Youth Catechism) book. I also got a Miraculous Medal made out of sterling silver, and Elle also got a Rosary ring. Dad is going to make pizza for dinner and a cake for dessert. What a great day!







Comments

Popular Posts