Geography Fair, The Phantom Menace, and the Flames Award Ceremony
Hi everyone! Last month we attended a geography fair at our church. A bunch of families came, and each of them made a board for a different country. We made one for Australia. We had put off making it for a while and ended up a bit squeezed for time, but we were able to finish it before the fair. We all brainstormed ideas for what to put on it, and then Mom found pictures for everything and I wrote down some fun facts about them and put together a history of Australia.
When we got there we set up our board, and then we each got a trivia sheet with a bunch of facts on it, and we had to read through the boards to match each fact to its correct country. All the boards were really cool, and some of them had examples of the country's currency, their food, or other notable parts of their culture. The completed trivia sheet was our ticket for snacks. Everyone had brought a bunch of different snacks, and we had brought ANZAC biscuits and Honey Joys.
On the Monday after Star Wars Day I got to watch The Phantom Menace in theaters! I went to the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema with a friend, his younger brother, and their dad and grandpa, and it was awesome! For a start, if you've never been to the Alamo, it's basically the combination of a movie theater and a restaurant. We had menus in front of our seats, and there were waiters to take our orders and get us refills! We were also the only ones there because everyone else had gone closer to Star Wars Day, so we had the whole theater to ourselves, and after the credits we got a sneak peak at The Acolyte, a new Star Wars live-action series that's coming out in June. It was easily the best movie experience I've ever had.
Last Saturday we went to the award ceremony for our sports team, the Flames. It was the fourth one we had been to. I had won an award at each of the other ones, and this time I got three! I got a Most Improved award for soccer and basketball, and a Character award for track and field. We also got to get popcorn or a donut at the concession stand, and Ava, my youngest sister, got a Rising Star award for soccer. It was really fun!

Comments
Post a Comment