Charlie and Laura's Birthday Party

Today was Charlie and Laura's birthday party! They were having the party at a roller skating rink. When we got there, a ton of kids were there already. I went to put some roller skates on, then tried to move around in them. I almost fell flat on my face. I decided that I wasn't going to do any roller skating at the party.

Luckily, there were other things to keep me occupied. There were a bunch of games. Mom gave us all some quarters to play them. There were tons of games, but I only played with two of them. The first one was a sort of bowling game. I played two turns of that one.

The rest of the quarters I spent on a different game. You put in a quarter and pressed a button, then a ball would fall onto a rotating circle with lots of slots, and then you would get a certain number of tickets, depending on which slot the ball landed in. The two best slots were Jackpot and Monster Jackpot. Monster Jackpot would give you 199 tickets if you landed in it.

One time, I landed in a slot called RELEASE ALL BONUS BALLS. When you land in that, it releases all the bonus balls that the other players had stored up. And when I landed in it, there were 36 bonus balls! I got 300 tickets from that turn. I could have gotten more, because one of the bonus balls nearly bounced into Monster Jackpot!

Most of this time, Dad had been roller skating in the rink. He looked 15 years younger while he was doing it. He certainly had fun! And if you're wondering what those tickets were for, I'll tell you now. Once you've gotten all the tickets you want, you can go to the counter and trade them in for a certain number of toys, depending on how many tickets you have. I had 331 tickets, and I chose a checkers set, a parachute trooper, and a stick of candy.

Then it was time for Charlie and Laura to open their presents. There were tons of presents to open! Charlie got two new NERF guns. One of them shot foam balls, and the other was the coolest gun I've ever seen! We sure had a fun time at the party!

Comments

Popular Posts